There are thousands and thousands of apps released to the AppStore every year and it can be pretty tough to find the best ones out there. Fortunately, Apple has just named its list of best iOS apps and games for iOS, which encompases its iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch products.
Apple has decided to award different winners for US and India apps this time around. However, Prisma won the best app of the year and Clash Royale won the best game of the year in both the US and in India. Meanwhile, MySwimPro takes home the gold for Apple Watch app of the year in the US, while it’s Seven that grabs the title in India. Anyway, here’s the complete list of Apple’s winners:
- iPhone App of the Year: Prisma
- iPhone Game of the Year: Clash Royale
- iPad App of the Year: Sketchbook Motion
- iPad Game of the Year: Severed
- Apple TV App of the Year: Twitter
- Apple TV Game of the Year: Riptide GP: Renegade
- Apple Watch App of the Year (US): MySwimPro – Personal Swim Trainer
- Apple Watch App of the Year (India): Seven – 7 Minute Workout Training Challenge
- Apple Watch Game of the Year: Field Day
- Mac App of the Year: Bear
- Mac Game of the Year (US): Life is Strange
- Mac Game of the Year (India): Mini Metro
As part of this end of year awards trend, Apple has also published a separate Apple Music playlist for the Top Songs of 2016, and have given the nod to its pick of the best movies and books too. You’ll find some of the usual suspects in the music playlist, including Coldplay, Justin Timberlake, DNCE, Rhianna, and Gnash. Somehow, Drake holds Apple’s title of Top Song and Album of 2016.
The full list of Apple’s favourites can be found under the “Best of” category for each segment in the iTunes Store for each respective device. Do you have any of your own recommendations to add to the list?