The developer, a Microsoft CRM consultancy, has developed a line-of-business app that serves as a mobile utility for the company's sales teams.
According to Sonom Partners, the tastily named Ultimate Beer Ranger lays claim to being the the first-ever Windows 8 tablet app for the enterprise.
The app synchronizes with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, allowing New Belgium sales representatives to access real-time data on retail partners and establishments that sell New Belgium's beers.
Other features include:
- Built-in search for scanning accounts
- Calendar functions with appointments
- Business Intelligence, such as volume, sales figures, and more
- Geolocation that shows proximity to accounts
- Customer account information
- The ability to input notes on customers that will also be synced
If you’re not familiar with New Belgium Brewing, don’t think Europe. Think Fat Tire. That’s the most popular beer from the Colorado brewer, which also makes Hoptober, Dig Pale Ale and other libations.
Sonoma Partners and New Belgium will be showcasing the new app at Microsoft’s Convergence conference, taking place in Houston next week.
So far, there haven’t been a whole lot of announced enterprise and/or line-of-business app for the upcoming, highly anticipated Windows 8. It’s mostly been about games or consumer-focused apps.