There was plenty of tablet gaming goodness coming out of CES 2014, and several big announcements were made this week—not least of which that a The Witcher board game and the Facebook social game Game of Thrones: Ascent are coming to tablets.
Here's the rest of the news, and don't forget to check out TabTimes' latest list of the best new tablet games as well.
- Sega launched Rhythm Thief & The Paris Caper only to take it down the next day because of an error that prevented players from connecting to the company's servers. [Pocket Gamer]
- The Witcher Adventure Game is a board game launching in both physical and tablet-bound formats this year [YouTube].
- The Game of Thrones: Ascent Facebook stratgy game will swear its oaths and begin its watch on iPad soon. [Gamezebo]
- Beben III lets you play the classic shooters Quake 3, Quake 3 Arena, and Open Arena on iPad. [reddit]
- Super Stickman Golf 2 got a big content update, including an anti-gravity space course, and went on sale for free this week. [App Store]
- Terry Cavanagh pledged to release VVVVV on iPad, Android tablets, and other platforms this year. [Distractionware]
- The Independent Game Festival revealed its mobile game nominations, and Device 6, a game that made "Best iPad Games," appeared in the most categories. [IGF]
- Nvidia released the first footage of the new Tegra K1 chip running the advanced Unreal Engine 4. [YouTube]
- Rocketcat's Kepa Auwae published some new footage from his upcoming Wayward Saga. [YouTube]
- Asphalt 8: Airborne was updated with a slew of new cars and other content, including the LeFerrari. [App Store]