Here's the news we haven't covered yet this week.
There was plenty of tablet gaming goodness coming out of CES 2014, and several big announcements were made this week—not least of which that a The Witcher board game and the Facebook social game Game of Thrones: Ascent are coming to tablets.
Here's the rest of the news, and don't forget to check out TabTimes' latest list of the best new tablet games as well.
- Sega launched Rhythm Thief & The Paris Caper only to take it down the next day because of an error that prevented players from connecting to the company's servers. [Pocket Gamer]
- The Witcher Adventure Game is a board game launching in both physical and tablet-bound formats this year [YouTube].
- The Game of Thrones: Ascent Facebook stratgy game will swear its oaths and begin its watch on iPad soon. [Gamezebo]
- Beben III lets you play the classic shooters Quake 3, Quake 3 Arena, and Open Arena on iPad. [reddit]
- Super Stickman Golf 2 got a big content update, including an anti-gravity space course, and went on sale for free this week. [App Store]
- Terry Cavanagh pledged to release VVVVV on iPad, Android tablets, and other platforms this year. [Distractionware]
- The Independent Game Festival revealed its mobile game nominations, and Device 6, a game that made "Best iPad Games," appeared in the most categories. [IGF]
- Nvidia released the first footage of the new Tegra K1 chip running the advanced Unreal Engine 4. [YouTube]
- Rocketcat's Kepa Auwae published some new footage from his upcoming Wayward Saga. [YouTube]
- Asphalt 8: Airborne was updated with a slew of new cars and other content, including the LeFerrari. [App Store]