The first Tabby Awards /Business trophies were presented today at the TabletBiz conference & expo in New York.
Apps from companies including Box, OneCloud, SlideShark and iAnnotate as well as apps developed in-house like the Citi Private Bank Mobile App or GE Annual Report 2011 were among the winners today at the first Tabby Awards/ Business ceremony.
They have been selected as the best apps for iPad, Android tablets or Windows 8 tablets after entering the competition - the very first for best business and productivity tablet apps.
The awards were handed out today at the TabTimes TabletBiz conference & expo, the first event dedicated to the tablet industry. It was held at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City.
An international panel of independent judges comprised of tablet experts has selected winners in 12 categories from close to 100 entrants from the United States and other countries.
The Tabby Awards /Business winners are:
- In the Productivity category and in the Collaboration category: iAnnotate PDF, by Branchfire
- In the Communication category: GE Annual Report 2011, by ScrollMotion
- In the Intelligence, information and reference category: WeatherCaster, by Belo Corp. and Smashing Ideas
- In the IT or business tool category: Box OneCloud, by Box
- In the Healthcare and pharmaceutical category: Philips Allura Virtual Medical Simulation iPad App, by Dynamic Digital Advertising
- In the Education and professional training category: Splash Math Grade 3, by Studypad
- In the Finance category: Citi Private Bank Mobile App, by Citi Private Bank
- In the Retail category: CoffeeTable, by Real Valuable Corporation, and Signage, by Meiotic
- In the Sales category: Sales Mobile PRO, by Savo, and SlideShark, by Brainshark
- In the In-the-field category: Matchbox, by Matchbox
- In the Consumer products and services category: SiteTablet, by Property Solutions International
The ceremony was hosted by Alan Maserek, co-founder of best-selling iPad business app QuickOffice and chair of the first Tabby Awards /Business panel of judges. Winners received a sleek, specially-designed tablet-shaped trophy. TabTimes, a media brand covering the tablet industry and ecosystem, produced the Tabby Awards.