Amazon introduces Whispercast for schools and businesses to manage Kindle content and devices
Promoted as a “scalable” online tool for deploying Kindle devices and Kindle content, Whispercast offers a single access point for purchasing and distributing Kindle content across both Kindle devices and Kindle apps on iOS, Android, Mac and PC.
Amazon says that Whispercast will work on all Kindle devices, including the recently announced $69 Kindle, the Kindle Paperwhite eReaders and the new Kindle Fire HD tablets, and adds that administrators will be able to control everything from whispercast.Amazon.com.
Here's a breakdown of some of the features offered by Whispercast:
- Whispercast customers can protect information by enforcing a password on the devices
- Kindle users can block the opportunity for a factory reset or device registration
- BYOD schemes can be supported by sending out private network settings to individual Kindle eReaders and tablets
- Admin can block device access to Facebook or Twitter, disable web browsing or shut down the ability to buy content
- Business users can organize their Kindle users into groups
- .pdf, .doc and .docx files can be shared with Kindles and other devices.