Come and meet these leaders of the Tablets 2.0 revolution:

  • Jane Boulware

    Vice President, Windows Devices
    Microsoft

  • Hector Llorens

    Platform Manager, Business Tablets
    Intel

  • Christopher Gish

    Vice President of Sales
    Sunovion Pharmaceuticals

  • Steven Beggs

    Senior Manager, Learning Innovation
    Home Depot

  • David Goodman

    CIO
    International Rescue Committee

  • David Crain

    Assistant Provost & CIO
    Southern Illinois University (SIU)

If you're involved in a tablet deployment at your company, you may be eligible for a free pass. Check conditions on the registration page. Learn more


Android gaining popularity at Apple's expense among Square's mobile payment customers

by TabTimes Staff

February 6 2014

Square designed its first payments Reader and Stand around iOS products, but now it looks like Android devices are where the customer growth is.

The split is now almost 50/50 between merchants using iPhones, iPods Touches or iPads versus those using Android smartphones, according to data released today by Square.

More significantly, Android has the momentum. Three years ago iOS devices dominated with a 62% share of Square devices, while Android had the other 38%

The change is most likely happening for the simple reason that there are plenty of cheap Android phones for small merchants to choose from for payments. .

Source article
Share with: Comment   v

Free newsletters for more tablet news, insights, apps and tips


Comments

 

Latest in tablet business / productivity