Printing from an iPad or iPhone isn’t always a viable option from within the enterprise because the networks don’t support them.
Lantronix is one of several vendors offering print solutions for iOS devices, though its XPrintServer is probably the most comprehensive offering specifically designed for businesses and organizations.
A new update, xPrintServer - Office Edition, announced today, adds security and enterprise management features, including remote authentication / Active Directory, proxy server support, as well as the ability to network-enable USB printers.
Additional key new features of Office Edition include:
- Enhanced printer-user management, including printer usage rights, security and control over printers and user groups
- Proxy Server Support, global save and restore functionality, and the ability to export print logs
- Supports over 4,000 top brand printers, and an unlimited number of iPads, iPhones, and iOS users and devices
- Roughly the size of an iPhone with no additional software, CDs or application downloads required
- Automatic printer discovery and provisioning
Lantronix says that anything that can be viewed, opened or read on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) can be printed with the xPrintServer.
Company CEO Kurt Busch says xPrintServer - Office Edition provides IT managers with a secure, cost effective enterprise-level mobile printing solution that “fills a key gap in making tablets true laptop replacements.”
Lantronix is taking pre-orders now at its website, and says xPrintServer - Office Edition begin shipping November 21, 2012 at a suggested retail price of $199.95.