T-Mobile has added AppleCare to its Premium Device Protection (PDP) and JUMP! plans at no extra cost. These now include AppleCare services — similar to what is offered with AppleCare+ — for eligible customers who recently purchased a new iPhone or iPad.
The plans both cost $12 per month and cover loss, theft or accidental damage, hardware coverage, “Lookout Mobile Security” Premium, and now AppleCare, which includes:
- 24/7 priority access to AppleCare’s award-winning technical support via chat or phone
- Low service fees such as $29 for iPhone screen damage
- $0 for battery service
- Apple-certified repair or replacement at Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers
- Software support for iOS, iCloud, and Apple-branded iOS apps
- Hardware repairs and service backed by Apple
T-Mobile also says that customers who take out its new Premium Device Protection will be able to keep it when they JUMP! to the latest iPhone or iPad.
By comparison, Apple sells AppleCare+ for $129 as an add-on to the current iPhone 7 and 7 Plus or previous iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. This is in addition to the one year of hardware repair coverage and 90-day AppleCare support that comes as standard with every Apple device.
The inclusion of AppleCare in Apple’s own device upgrade program has, in the past, been one of the key benefits of the service compared to other similar products. T-Mobile’s new adoption of it could be a huge boon for the company.