The TabletBiz conference and expo is a new event for business and IT managers to be held on November 27 at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City.
Dell’s Neil Hand, one of the computer giant’s top managers responsible for the success of its Windows 8 tablets, will be the opening keynote. Hand will discuss the rapidly evolving tablet market and share Dell’s strategy for winning customers in the post PC-era.
The event’s closing keynote will be by Seth Harris, founder of Breadcrumb, a sales, order management and reporting system for hospitality businesses—including restaurants, bars and cafes. After Groupon purchased Breadcrumb, Harris is helping to lead the largest global deal company’s effort to become a major player in the Point-of-Sale (POS) market using iPad as the critical component.
Hand and Harris complete the roster of TabletBiz keynote speakers which includes:
- Santiago Becerra, Chairman, CEO and Co-founder of Roambi by MeLLmo. Roambi is a groundbreaking business intelligence app that transforms data into dashboard-style mobile analytics for the iPad. CNN Money calls its one of the 5 best apps for business;
- Milind Gadekar, CEO and Co-founder of CloudOn, a cutting-edge, mobile workspace that enables workers to use Microsoft Office applications on tablets. Its innovative iPad and Android app makes life easier for users to access files on Box and Dropbox. CloudOn recently launched in 60 countries.
Just one month after the launch of Windows 8, TabletBiz will bring together an impressive array of tablet solution providers including tablet device and accessories manufacturers; platform, security and management service providers; and corporate app developers.
These innovative companies will share tablet success stories with insights and lessons learned that attendees can put to work in their own organizations. Presenters will show businesses, hospitals, schools and governments how to pick the right tablet solutions, and how to assemble them for the most efficient tablet integration.
In addition to showcase presentations, a full schedule of panel sessions, drafted with the help of the TabTimes Content Advisory Board, will tackle the many challenges organizations face when considering a tablet project, including:
- What OS should organizations select as a tablet platform: iOS, Windows 8 or Android?
- What kind of devices will best help mobile workers and managers?
- How can organizations best protect proprietary data and operational information used on their tablets?
- What are the best approaches to developing the most efficient apps for an organization?
- Which technologies and resources should organizations consider when developing tablet apps?
See the event’s agenda and growing list of speakers and panelists at TabletBiz.com.
TabletBiz will also feature product demonstrations and tablet solutions for business from a wide array of sponsors including:
- Tablet manufacturers and distributors Verizon, Xplore Technologies, Mobelisk, SmartUse and Simmtronics Semiconductors;
- Tablet peripheral solution providers Kensington and Datamation Systems,
- App developers Icreon, ScrollMotion and RunAtServer;
- App and file management solution providers FileMaker, Apperian and AppSolutely/Vablet;
- Tekserve, the Apple retailer/VAR and Vernon Computer Source, a tablet and IT rental company;
- Our media/promo partners iPadCTO, Tech.pinions and Mind Commerce.